Thursday 23 August 2012

Pitch Presentation

In front of the panel, explaining, persuading, demonstrating my project idea and planning with the slides that I've created.


FashionUp'cycle is the name of my website. My website is a WordPress-powered site built with e-commerce plug-ins. this platform allows users to sell and buy 
upcycle prooducts made by unwanted clothes.

Upcycling is a process in which waste items are redesign or re-purposed to make it valuable, useful, and aesthetically pleasing again. It also encourages people to think of new and innovative ways to use things, instead of simply buying new consumer goods. 

For example, this batik shirt that I'm wearing right now is also a kind of upcycled item. I bought this shirt at a morning market in Yogyakarta, Indonesia. It was very cheap and I bought two of this for about RM5. When i got back to the hotel, I found that there's a mistake dying at the bottom of this shirt. Since it's brand new and I've not even wore it once, I decided to cut off the mistake dying part and try to match it with other shirt and "tata", this shirt that I might have throw away became my favorite shirt as it look unique and fashionable. Besides that, whenever people ask about where did i get this clothing from, I can proudly tell them the story behind this shirt.


Anyway, my target audience are female because female online retail spending is higher than male. In addition, two of the highest online retail sectors are Apparel/Accessories/Jewellery and Hobbies which fits my platform perfectly.



There are two types of users at my website: sellers and buyers. The sellers are curated by the project manager (me). They are bloggers who can upcycle old clothes into something new and beautiful. While the buyers are mainly the followers of these bloggers. They will be informed and invited to FashionUp'cycle website to buy the upcycle product which in a way also support the bloggers they like.



Wordpress is a free business website. Its dashboard is customonizable with e-commerce shopping plug-ins. It also allow payment processor such as Paypal. The alternative software would be HTML5.



The key feature for sellers in my website is they are able to donate certain amount of their profit to non-profit organization which also concerning about upcyclig, reusing, and reducing waste.



While the key feature for buyer is, buyer can propose a price to the particular product that she likes. After a period of time, when the product is ready for bidding, she would have to compete against other buyer for this product. 



To conclude, FashionUp'cycle delivers financial, environmental, and social benefits. It publicizes bloggers who turn materials that would otherwise become waste into unique and luxurious garments. Ultimately, this project aims to introduce, build and sustain the upcycling culture through e-commerce.

No comments:

Post a Comment